Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Self-made Quotes: A year of Angst for PAs

 

            Everybody likes to be quoted—including myself. I will be the 1st to admit. So for this piece I basically decided to do sort of a satiric piece as if I was being interviewed by a medical writer by basically expressing my personal views using industry observational quotes…but with a twist:.

  1. “If we’re perceived as ‘Paper Tigers’ when it comes to renaming our profession, then might as well capitulate and close the coffin now”
  2. “Physicians will look at you sideways and probably rise an eyebrow if we try to assert and establish ourselves as ‘Physician Associates’, but conversely they would develop ‘Risus Sardonicus’ when we bring in the monies or revenues to the practice—after all is all about the master-servant relationship”… right?
  3.  “For the AAPA trying to keep our profession brand-less, is not only a travesty, but more importantly brainless from a marketing point of view if you asked any practicing PA”.
  4. “The recent surge of inaccurate media reports of our profession makes it more challenging to built professional equity when your ‘professional currency [legacy] is constantly being drained [ attacked]’. But is even more tougher when your primary lender [ The AAPA ] has defaulted and skipped town”.
  5. [ Assistant ] “It got to go; Physicians, nurses, administrators and many other stakeholders, realize that ‘Associate’ is more appropriate. What’s of interest they have known this for some time now, even our leaders have been using the ‘let-us-downplay-this’ card sort-of speak for the longest. 
  1.  “Have we not proven ourselves yet? It’s obvious, aside from surgery we no longer assist. I suppose myself and many of my peers either missed that ‘memo’ or quite simply don’t live nor practice back in the day like our predecessors did”.
  2. “I confess, in my totally biased opinion, it seems nowadays we’re treated & considered like ‘2nd tier providers’. When did this all began, I thought this would never happen according to Obamacare…at least that’s what I was told!”.
  3. “Everybody is calling to reform our inefficient and chaotic industry, but truthfully it becomes nothing short than a ‘mud fest’ when all participants try to arrange or better yet super impose their agenda deceitfully –meaning unethically to some extent”.
  4.  “If no one is watching over Big Pharma, where is the FDA then?”
  5. “They [ AAPA’s HOD ] are difficult to work with as I have been told by my sources, and I can see that, after all, the actions or their ideologies speak volumes; they are still rooted back to 1992. So, I submit to you this: ’How can you move a profession forward when your leadership infrastructure is not only myopic but a little behind the times’. Last, I checked, it was 2021”
  6. “It saddens me greatly to see a specific repugnant cultural behavior being practiced in our industry still in this day and age—namely bullying. Physicians’ demean their medical students, nurses demeaning their own too and we’re no different either at the end of the day if you asked me. So why is it we can not be like other industries were there is real civility, collaboration and even celebration of their top performers”.
  7. “Right now PA morale may be low in some areas of professional practice. Yet, we’re not feeling sorry for ourselves, if anything we’re a tough & resilient group of professionals. We’re moving forward, we’re continually pursuing and striving for professional excellence in midst of our detractors Moreover, the PA community has always been a visionary one; it’s what truly define us. Personally, I think is part of our unique ‘PA DNA’”.

                                                                       # # #

No comments:

Post a Comment

PA Employment Scams: Beware before signing the dotted line!

     When interviewing for open PA job vacancies don't be misled by false promises presented to you during the job interview process. Ma...